a "been-there" mom of six offers encouragement
to wives, young mothers, and those not so young,
and simple common-sense approaches to
the "ings" of life:
child-rearing (hints and helps), homemaking (all areas),
cooking (simple, cheap, and do-it-yourself)
making (toys and gifts), preparing (for the unexpected),
maintaining (sanity and peace in this increasingly crazy world) and more---
all aspects of making the most of making do on little---
and having fun in the process.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Simply, Gail: A Confession, a Correction & an Apology

royalty-free-stock-pictures-frustrated-woman-female-42841949.jpg (265×400)
I have been trying. . .honest I have
--unsuccessfully--
so this is what I must do

Dear Readers,

For those of you who have been with me since the beginning, you know that I didn't have a clue about blogging, or even what a blog was, when I started 11 months ago.  I've obviously learned a lot ----- but, definitely not enough. 

Confession(s)
  • Last October we took a vacation and I wrote several posts ahead. And scheduled them for posting on the scheduled dates. I was so proud of myself for being able to figure out how to do that.  What's that they say about "pride coming before the fall?"
  • When we returned home and I started to again post "real time" I discovered I had forgotten how to include/link the recipes in my posts to the Recipe column on the right side of the blog.
  • And then, the entire problem entirely slipped my mind. And rarely surfaced....and then, at most inconvenient times. 
  • In January a grandson helped me make a "cookbook" page for the recipes, and he carefully gave me instructions on how he did it so I could carry on. I even wrote them down.  Today I carefully read (and re-read) these but can't grasp what they are telling me to do.

Corrections 

Yesterday a friend called asking me how to find a recipe I posted a couple of weeks ago. I went blank for a minute and then, regaining my senses, I told her to simply scroll down the posts until she came to the picture of the hula dancers. 

Ooops!  This is not how it is suppose to work!

I spent many hours yesterday trying to figure out how to add the post recipe links to the Recipe column.

And, thankfully, I finally figured it out.  

I am not proud, but I am very satisfied-----and relieved.

I was shocked to discover I added 83 of them (a few are listed in more than one category)! How could I have gotten that far behind in just a couple of months?  Another shock ---- not a couple of months but eight!

Apology

I don't mean to be presumptuous but if you are reading this, I am sorry for any inconvenience or frustration I may have caused you. 

I have tried, and am still trying, to find out if it is possible to put the recipes in a folder where they are in a printable format.   This is probably an impossibility, at least at my level of expertise. 

As of now, the Cookbook tab at the top of the blog is gone, but SOMEHOW (which I can't explain) the heading for recipe links down the right hand side is "Cookbook."

Thanks for your patience. Hopefully I have provided some simple helps, hints, ideas, and more these past 11 months. 

Thanks, Helen, for asking how to find your recipe.

I am Simply, Gail









No comments: