Peanut Butter, Bananas, and Chocolate ----- these yummy triplets compliment each other in many different concoctions!
If you haven't tried this one, I highly recommend it. It is quicker to make them than it is to read HOW to make them!
- Slice ripe but still firm bananas in slices about 1/2 inch thick. Top every other slice with a small glop of peanut butter (plain or chunky---your choice) and top with another slice of banana, pressing down slightly.
- Place each "sandwich" on a cookie sheet covered with a sheet of waxed or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate almond bark or other dipping chocolate in a microwave, following package directions. Be very careful to not overheat or get any moisture in the chocolate.
- Drop frozen "sandwiches" one at a time into melted chocolate. Use a fork to turn it until completely covered., Lift it out using the fork and gently tap the fork on the side of the bowl, letting extra chocolate drip back.
- Return to cookie sheet; sprinkle with a little sea salt or finely chopped peanuts if desired. Repeat.
- Return filled cookie sheet to freezer. When frozen transfer the treats to a zip-lock bag, store in freezer, and remove as
Note: Have you ever had a problem with socks disappearing in the dryer? I am having the same problem with these little goodies disappearing somewhere, somehow, sometime, between the second freezing and the packaging.
'til we eat again,
I am Simply, Gail