|This almost guilt-free heavenly angel food cake |
has no fat and only 190 calories per serving
1 (16 ounce) package One-Step angel food cake mix
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
sugar-free/fat-free whipped topping of your choice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch pan with vegetable oil spray.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pineapple with it's juice. Mix until well blended; then pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until golden brown and has an even surface.
Let cool. Serve with whipped topping.
Ad-on's and Variations
- Use pumpkin in place of the pineapple
- Top with sugar-free vanilla pudding and Cool-Whip frosting
- Use canned apple pie filling (smoosh the apples up some with a pastry blender) and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on the top of the batter before baking
- Top the whipped topping with sliced strawberries and toasted coconut or sliced almonds
- Make it in a shallow ring pan, filling it with the topping, pineapple gelatin (not quite set) and coconut
- Use as a base for strawberry shortcake
- Stir one package of dry sugar-free vanilla pudding, a dash of lemonade powder and coconut into the batter before baking
'til we eat again,