|Gail, many long years ago|
The old gray mare ain't what she used to be,
ain't what she used to be,
ain't what she used to be. . .
many long years ago.
What has this to do with Chicken Nuggets or even chicken you ask?
Unfortunately, I'm about to tell you.
Back then, chickens were simply chickens, from start to finish.
But Not Now!
"According to McDonald's, their chicken nuggets are "made with white meat, wrapped up in a crisp tempura batter." But as the article...shows, these chicken nuggets are a far cry from what you might expect, based on that description.
"Do you put dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent made of silicone, in your chicken dishes? . . . a type of silicone with anti-foaming properties used in cosmetics and a variety of other goods like Silly Putty
"How about tertiary butylhydroquinone(TBHQ), a chemical preservative so deadly that just five grams can kill you?
- a petroleum-based product with antioxidant properties
TBHQ, is typically listed as an "antioxidant," but it's important to realize it is a SYNTHETIC chemical with antioxidant properties – NOT a natural antioxidant.
"The chemical prevents oxidation of fats and oils, thereby extending shelf life of processed foods. It's a commonly used ingredient in processed foods of all kinds, but you can also find it in varnishes, lacquers, pesticide products, as well as cosmetics and perfumes to reduce the evaporation rate and improve stability.
These are just two of the ingredients in a McDonald's Chicken McNugget. Only 50 percent of a McNugget is actually chicken. "
For the rest of the story PLEASE go to
and read at least as far as REAL Food "Lives" and "Dies"
- This was a quick easy and tasty meal. I like the idea of making my own nuggets, that way I know what I'm getting :) I followed the recipe to a T. These had real good flavor and were moist and tender. Thanks for a good basic easy recipe.
- These are easy, delicious, and a hit with my picky kids! We used melted "Smart Balance" instead of butter, but other than that we changed nothing! This recipe is my four year olds' favorite meal!
- Thank you for this wonderful yet simple recipe. A healthier alternative to KFC/McDonald's nuggets which my son is overly fond of.
- The best baked chicken nuggets i have had in a while. I marinated them in buttermilk for a few hours first and then followed the recipe exactly. I made these as an appetizer for my daughters 4th birthday party and the adults and kids loved them!! Thanks-you for the recipe.