Look no further!
4-serving box of instant vanilla pudding
2 cups commercial eggnog
8 ounce carton frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- Prepare the instant vanilla pudding, using the eggnog as the liquid.
- Fold in the thawed topping, creating a marbled effect.
- Pile high into baked or graham cracker crust
- Sprinkle with nutmeg
This recipe works for both baked and unbaked crusts. It doesn't lend itself to the creation of a pretty crimped edge but it is flaky, delicious, quick and easy. Most of those who have tried it call it their crust of choice.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 T milk
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- With a fork, in a small bowl, beat oil and milk together until milky-colored.
- In a 9-inch pie pan, thoroughly combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the oil-milk mixture.
- Mix with a fork until combined.
- Using fingers, press the dough to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Prick with a fork in a few places.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before filling.
If using as an unbaked crust, do not prick, add filling and bake according to recipe directions.
Get ready for the compliments from eggnog lovers!
'til we eat again,