a "been-there" mom of six offers encouragement
to wives, young mothers, and those not so young,
and simple common-sense approaches to
the "ings" of life:
child-rearing (hints and helps), homemaking (all areas),
cooking (simple, cheap, and do-it-yourself)
making (toys and gifts), preparing (for the unexpected),
maintaining (sanity and peace in this increasingly crazy world) and more---
all aspects of making the most of making do on little---
and having fun in the process.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies Can't Get Much Simpler Than This

Peanut, Groundnut clipart
Thanks for the clipart
http://clipart.m-y-d-s.com/nuts/peanut/
Many thanks to one of our granddaughter's roommates, who shared it with our granddaughter, who shared it with her mother, who shared it with me. Hopefully, the original share-r doesn't mind me sharing it with the blogworld.

Like the post headline states, peanut butter cookies can't get much simpler than this. Can't get much faster-to-make either. And since my sources didn't include a name for them, I am calling them

Peanut Butter Quickies


In a bowl, use a fork to beat one egg thoroughly. Stir in one cup white sugar and one cup peanut butter until combined. (The dough will be sticky.) Drop by small spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Lightly crisscross with a fork. (I dipped my fork in sugar---I think my mother used to crisscross her peanut butter cookies with a flour-dipped fork.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Makes about two dozen amazingly good cookies.


'till we eat again,
            Simply, Gail

No comments: