a "been-there" mom of six offers encouragement
to wives, young mothers, and those not so young,
and simple common-sense approaches to
the "ings" of life:
child-rearing (hints and helps), homemaking (all areas),
cooking (simple, cheap, and do-it-yourself)
making (toys and gifts), preparing (for the unexpected),
maintaining (sanity and peace in this increasingly crazy world) and more---
all aspects of making the most of making do on little---
and having fun in the process.

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Noah's Ark Quiet Book Page Redesigned ...

because  I haven't been happy with the original way I tried to keep the animals "penned" in (using felt straps) on the ark's ramp.  


I doubt if it has been a bother for our  little granddaughter Wren but I am sure it has been a bit of a pain for her parents when it's time to close that page.

In the middle of last night, an idea came to me on the way to revamp the ramp!

Velcro and shoestrings!

The entire page is constructed the same way as the original except  I cut  both sections of 3/4" wide  velcro in half length-wise to make the sections narrow. Then I sewed the loop parts along the sides of the ark and the smooth parts along the sides of the ramp. 

I only sewed the velcro pieces down the middle of each, not along the edges.

I used shoelaces to string the animals.

You can go to the original instructions for the Noah's Ark page by copying the below into your search bar.  

Be aware, however, that for some reason the first page to come up will be the counting page. Simply scroll down and the ark appears.

http://thecreativecheapskate.blogspot.com/search?q=quiet+book+noah%27s+ark

Yes, I am Simply, Gail and I am cheap and I can be creative but I am certainly/obviously NOT computer savvy

 Have a grateful and peaceful day.

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the                          world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled,                         neither let it be afraid”            
                                                                                                            John 14:27




No comments: