You can make your own in minutes with only two ingredients!
|Make it . . . store it in the frig . . . |
ready for an instant treat at a moments notice.
This is the ideal treat to keep on hand for hot summer weather. It's super great because it is quick, much cheaper than the commercial "shell topping" you can buy, and without a lot of unnecessary ingredients.
1. Combine 1-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips with
1/2 cup coconut oil (measured when solid).
2. Melt in the microwave at about 70 percent power for about one minute (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat. Stir until smooth.
3. Drizzle, dip or pour over ice cream or other frozen treats* and enjoy.
|Adapted from Skip to my Lou.org|
Store remaining topping in the refrigerator in a bottle or jar. When ready to use the next time, heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Shake or stir and continue heating at 15 second intervals until liquid and well-combined.
- This simple recipe is simply too good to limit to ice cream. We freeze banana slices in single layers on cookie sheets, scoop them into dishes and drizzle with the topping. Delicious!
- You can cut bananas into chunks (about four per banana), skewer each with a toothpick and freeze on cookie sheets. Dip each frozen chunk into the topping, allow excess to drip off, and return to freezer until totally set. Store in bags or containers until ready to use.
- If desired, you could roll each banana section in sprinkles or chopped nuts before the topping sets. Then return to freezer.
- Just before serving I have topped the picks with a pineapple tidbit and a maraschino cherry and set them on a bed of ice.
I keep thinking of other things to freeze and dip. Pretzels and marshmallows top my to try list. Sandwich cookies?
'til we eat again,