|O come let us adore Him|
Times and circumstances of our growing and spreading (distance-wise) family, have naturally brought about changes in some of the ways we carry out the following but most are constants being carried on one way or another, according to our individual and family circumstances.
Following are ways our family celebrates this most wonderful time of the year. There are never too many ways to honor Him and the season, I'd love to have you e-mail me so I can share with others the way you celebrate.
- We rejoice in the birth of our Savior and the blessings that come to us as a result of this most wonderful of all gifts.
- We bask in the warmth and love that surrounds all aspects of this season -- regardless of the temperature.
- We delight in the jolly rotund man in the bright red suit.
- We display a handmade Santa kneeling before the infant Jesus.
- We soak up the beauty of this time of year---the music, the programs, the decorations and the beautiful lighting displays---and try to avoid the harsh commercialism that threatens to engulf it.
- We bake (and devour) the baked goods and candies that are so abundant.
- We renew friendships and acquaintances through visits and correspondence.
- We draw names for family gift-giving, and stay within a designated budget.
- We scurry in search of the perfect gifts.
- We seek those that are less fortunate and offer our help.
- We gather together with family members.
- We read the Scriptures surrounding His birth, and Christmas stories.
- We celebrate Christmas eve, with our children and grandchildren, reenacting the story of Christ's birth while the Biblical account is read.
- We bake a birthday cake for the baby Jesus, and sing Happy Birthday to Him.
- We leave cookies for Santa.
- We open our gifts Christmas morning, taking turns and taking time to watch one another.
- We respect the beliefs of others and their methods of worship, knowing that we are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.