a "been-there" mom of six offers encouragement
to wives, young mothers, and those not so young,
and simple common-sense approaches to
the "ings" of life:
child-rearing (hints and helps), homemaking (all areas),
cooking (simple, cheap, and do-it-yourself)
making (toys and gifts), preparing (for the unexpected),
maintaining (sanity and peace in this increasingly crazy world) and more---
all aspects of making the most of making do on little---
and having fun in the process.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Shake-up Some Jello and Enjoy a . . . Pretty, Tasty & Refreshing Milkshake

I spent this past week with my feet up. Sounds like fun but trust me when I say  ---- gout attacks aren't!!

Fortunately the week before, I snagged three large grocery bags of old magazines (mainly Living and Coastal Living) at a garage sale---having no idea when I'd find time to browse through them.

Perfect timing --- sorta  "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade" situation.

I tore out several recipes and a few articles and craft ideas, and recycled what was left.

This one intrigued me.

I used orange jello hoping to create a creamsicle drink.  It didn't taste like I remember the frozen combo of orange popsicle/vanilla ice cream bar of my youth but it was very good.  It could have been a little thicker --- more ice cream would probably solve that!



In a large pitcher with a tight-fitting lid, add the following: 

 4 cups milk 
1 package (3-ounce) flavored gelatin of your choice
1/2 cup softened ice cream

Shake vigorously until well-blended. 

The recipe said to serve immediately but I was curious as to what it would be like if not served immediately. I put the extra in the refrigerator and thoroughly enjoyed it for breakfast this morning. 

No comments: