|FYI: This illustrations in this post are from "Simply Stuff for Special People," |
one of my previously self-published bookettes.
- From sturdy smooth-surfaced fabric, cut two identical sections for each hand puppet, using illustration as a guideline.
- Enlarge photograph head shots as necessary and, following the directions that come with the medium you are using, transfer one face to head area.
- Place fabric sections right sides together (so face is “inside”).
- Stitch around puppet leaving the bottom open.
- Turn right-side out and hem bottom edge.
- Slip a piece of cardboard into the puppet so colors wont bleed through to the back of the puppet.
- Using permanent marking pens put clothes on the puppet.
I know that mail order catalogs have cloth dolls that you can have personalized by sending in a photo of your child's face ----- and a lot of money. I haven't seen any puppets but the idea is the same.